Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Mom, what are you so afraid of?


A few happy thoughts, this one for Melissa who is enjoying my old (very spacious) pantry. This is my new pantry...the capacity being limited to 2 potatoes and a box of Jell-o.




This is my little slice of heaven. When the sun comes up or sets, nature displays the most beautiful shadows while I'm showering. peace.




"Mom, what are you so afraid of?"
These are the innocent words of my 3 year old watching me rip the toaster out of Savannah's hands (who has drug it out of the kitchen cupboard and into the bathroom, holding it inches from the filling tub).
Yes, I know it wasn't plugged in, but one of those Tom & Jerry cartoons flashed before my eyes and I reacted. Bath time went smoothly from there on out, but in a few years Savannah will be able to reach the outlet in there. ''The first 40 years are the hardest" right mom?

Crystal and Rayanne sent me a HUGE gift certificate to Pottery Barn as a house/heart warming gift. I bought a few pretties and Lauren got to decorate the mantle. We'll rearrange in the morning...

5 comments:

Jason, Rachel and Paisley said...

Yeah mom, what could go wrong? Oh man oh man, looking forward to the days when PayPayPotomous becomes mobile....

The Olsons said...

Oh, I would have reacted just the same. How scary!

The picture with the girls, and their hair standing straight up is priceless!

Anonymous said...

Glad to know we aren't the only ones with a mischevious toddler on our hands. Tyler doesn't let a day go by without making my heart stop at least once. I think he gets a kick out of seeing my eyes bulge a little... we just love our little stinker! . At least Savannah hasn't figurerd out what those little plugs are for ... but then again there is always tomorrow!
Love the house colors ... rockin!

The Falco Family said...

I love your house. The colors are so fresh!
I can not believe how big your girls are! We miss them and hope to see all of you soon.
I loved your blog about Nicks first page...so fun!

Anonymous said...

well i say, its about time we got some more pics of this house. LOVE the bathroom! i want to see more though