Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I can hardly stand to say no to this cute little face! She is the absolute most thoughtful, kind, gracious and truly selfless little Lauren I have ever known. I have a million stories to prove it. I came to pick the girls up at the gym's nursery, and there she was being the little angel that she is. Savannah was puffy-faced and crying for mama while Lauren had kneeled on the floor, cupping 'Sister' face in her hands, telling her I'd be there soon.
Lauren took a nap (very unusual) in my bed and woke up with a conversation in mind. We pillow talked for nearly 30 minutes and I learned so much. She kept talking about her brother "baby Nick" and I finally had the idea to play along. "Lauren, do you want to go pick him up today? Should we go get in the car and get him?" .....She thought about this for a moment, and after the many weeks of excited "baby Nick" talk I was surprised to hear, "Well, maybe tomorrow mom."
Guess that settles it then.
Belly-flops on mom's bed. You can see we're taking extra special care of dad's pillow there.


2 comments:

Jamie said...

I can just picture little Lauren being the brave big sister. That is really sweet!

Haley said...

Oh, she has such a cute little face. Baby Nick, huh? Well, get crackin'!