Sunday, July 8, 2007

Glad that's over with!

Well, I survived Sunday. I have to tell you, I had the hardest time getting my talk ready. I worked on my talk every day and just couldn't manage to get that bit of inspiration that helps you get your ideas onto paper. I can't tell you how much I prayed, read and studied. By Saturday I was completely unraveling. Jen walked me through my outline and Nick gave me a blessing. Honestly, how hard could this be??
Turns out the Lord had a purpose in all this (imagine that). It seemed that in all my readings I kept coming back to 1 Nephi 1:20. "But behold, I Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." And suddenly, in this beautifully quiet moment it came to me. An answer to a prayer and worry I'd been carrying for some time. An answer in the form of recognizing the many reassurances I'd overlooked previously. "A personal and timely message." (Tender Mercies of the Lord, Elder Bednar)
I know the Lord is aware of us and our circumstances. I'm so thankful for all the help offered and the prayers too. This ended up being a greater blessing for me than I could have guessed. Love to all, K

5 comments:

Thompsontown said...

I am so glad your talk went well for you. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

im a little disappointed that there aren't any pictures on this post...counldnt nick have snapped one while you were at the pulpit? c'mon!

Rivka said...

well, it seems I'm following in your footsteps speaking in Sacrament meeting this coming Sunday. My topic is Developing Faith. Wish me luck!

Haley said...

I'm hoping that the 'new family' will slip by when it comes to speaking in sacrament meeting here. I'm sure it will not happen, but it sounds like everything went great. Why is it so frightening to speak in church? Well, you're done! Now to the calling . . . hmmm, I'm guessing Young Womens.

Amy said...

Hey Kristen,
I am so glad you found our blog. How is Tennesse going so far? It looks like you guys are having fun! Sorry to hear about your dilema with the talk but at least it is over! We had to talk about 3 weeks ago in our ward in KY. I hate talking also. Keep in touch.

Amy