Saturday, January 26, 2008

My contribution to society (for today at least).


"ink blots"


"helping" hands in the kitchen...

Savannah made art with sprinkles.



My dad can do anything. Jen and Rach would agree, as children we would have never thought dad was anything less than super-human. It was evident in the garden/lawn, early morning seminary lessons, corrected Algebra homework, neatly folded laundry (socks folded in perfect square pairs -still a signature trademark) and our numismatic negotiations. Debate was fruitless, but good practice.

As I've matured, I appreciate more his roll as one of the two defining male relationship of my life. His implacable integrity compels me to seek truth; to read, learn and serve. Cord told me last Christmas, "You wouldn't believe all the stuff he knows!" While dad would be the first to admit imperfections, he's backed by one of the most convincing and powerful women of our times (mom) who would say he's still a 20 on a 10 scale. And this man always tells me I'm doing the most important work...remarkable.








2 comments:

Tricia said...

Awww...sweet pictures! And I love sprinkle art.....it's one of my favorite mediums! ;)

And what a great tribute to your dad. I enjoyed reading it, and I pray that my kids feel that way about their own daddy when they are grown. Too sweet!

P.S. Thanks for your comments on my blog....we'd love to live next door......but convincing Jason to come along might be tricky. ;) And tell Lauren that Ava has tons of princess dresses and that she would L-O-V-E to play with her and Savannah!

Anonymous said...

I've been asking "ALL" my friends if these are not the cutest grandchildren that ever existed...and the results are in...everyone agrees with me! What a special childhood they are having with such remarkable experiences. You are a best mommy in the world Love, Nana