Monday, February 4, 2008

my numbers have changed

It's not often a married girl can flaunt her digits with out getting into trouble, but I really must tell you all my good news. I went to see my PCP (about a recurring hip problem) and before I even saw him the nurse tagged me for a "runner".
I have to tell you, she did appear to be far sighted.
"Why would you say that?" I ask (she had not only seen me tip the scale but then chose to over look the pudgy digits).
She then tells me that my vitals gave it away. Yippy me, it really is the inside that counts!
My resting heart rate is now 60 and my blood pressure is 90/60 (it's always been 110/70). Only a twentysomething (who's in the shadow of her thirties) can appreciate this breif moment when all desperate thoughts of anorexia, lypo and HydroxiCut fade away to this one truth...the running works. However, the crunches are an entirely different matter.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

you go girl! I'm proud of you.

Anonymous said...

um.. f.y.i. not everyone knows what PCP stands for... i mean I DO... but other people may not... and further more, i want you to know i am trying my best to not look at this quote recurring hip problem as an excuse for our little deal we have for this summer... :)

Anonymous said...

Just like that little hip problem on the A.T., huh? I know that you were faking it!

Unknown said...

Good job KK. I better get to work if i'm not gonna be the odd, fat one out at mertyle (spelling error i'm sure)

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

are you guys ok? I heard about all the tornadoes and hope it didn't get you....let us know...Janet

Burke said...

How muchya bench?

Haley said...

Yay! What's the deal you have for this summer? :)

The Falco Family said...

Dont leave me out....what is the deal for this simmer?!?!?