Saturday, February 9, 2008

Tennessee Tornado(s)

Lauren behind the camera. This is her art project today.


Lauren up on my bed with the camera, I told her not to make me look fat...or old.

My brilliant catch as Lauren falls off the bed while taking my picture. I saved the camera, but La got a little bump.

Thank you so much to every one for the calls and emails!! We're just fine and really appreciate having you all to look out for us!! Thank you for making us feel so loved!
Nashville survived, but the people an hour North of us were not so lucky. The local news even reported a baby who had been thrown 400 feet and survived (who is now motherless). We are just so thankful for our blessings and the constant presence of the Lord in our lives.

We did a few fun things today. Lauren made some new art work for me and Savannah went potty for me. Nick took the kids this morning while I got a FREE hair cut at this amazing 5-star salon here and had a FREE make-over. I took a picture to prove it! The hair cut is by master stylist Elle Anderson (who I've made good friends with through church). She's got me hooked now. And the make over was by Therapeutic Systems (amazing skin care line). I don't think you can see the make up very well, but it was super fun!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your haircut! and you are not fat! and i am pretty sure tornadoEs has an 'e' in it... anyhoo...

Unknown said...

How exactly did you go about getting all that FREE STUFF?! You know all the secrets...

Haley said...

Kristin, you look beautiful! I LOVE the haircut. I need something new like that! Maybe I will copy, but it just wouldn't look the same.

The Falco Family said...

love the new cut!!
Well, I can totally tell I have been in my own world of non stop working. I never heard about any tornadoEs. I am glad you are all okay

melissa said...

I took one look at the picture and I thought--she looks so hot! Then I read that you got a style and makeover. Congratulations Nick! Your wife just keeps getting better looking all the time!

Anonymous said...

K,
Missing you terribly too. Tyler and I are thinking about taking vacation in March. Could we take you up on your offer and borrow your couch for a weekend? Lovin your new "do"... cut all mine off two weeks ago too ... something like 6 or so inches off. It feels great doesn't it! You look like a knock out!

S. said...

Glad you guys missed the tornadoes (or rather, glad that they missed you).

Catherine said...

Kristen Stowell!
I don't know if you remember me. My name is Catherine Hardy. We lived in the same stairwell at Wymount. I think I was the RS President at the time. You let me borrow your sewing machine and I had a great time making cute baby dresses for my "future daughter" (who, by the way, finally arrived last July).
Janet Eyring and I were best buds. Anyway, I was looking at your picture on this post (I got on your link from the Eyring's blog) and I thought for sure it had to be a picture of your younger sister or some much younger relative with your daughter. Is that really you in the picture? You look FANTASTIC!!! SO THIN! And your hair looks GREAT! (I'm so jealous)...
Anyway, I enjoyed checking out your blog. Feel free to come and check mine out sometime.

Catherine Hardy
www.catherinehardy.spaces.live.com