Tuesday, January 1, 2008

This is NOT sweet.



So yesterday was our second day potty training Savannah and apparently a bit premature to be taking her to the grocery store:

We went to Harris Teeter to get a few things I can't find anywhere else and amidst the delicate pastries and fresh baguettes I spot Savannah clenching her knees together. The mommy panic button has been pushed - I have absolutely NO idea which direction to run to the bathroom.

In my paused pose, I notice S has her hands behind her pulling on her pants...and out drops a little tootsie roll.

No one had even noticed us until she announces, "Mommy, I pooped!" My mortification must have shown because Lauren didn't say a word as I scooped up the poop with her donated sock. I left the buggy and ran for the exit (shouldn't they have bright flashing signs above the restrooms too)??
Our second attempt took place at our Wal-Mart Neighborhood Grocery store. I didn't even blot up the pee that time. I just ran.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, bless your heart! Having gone through it too, it made me smile. And can I just tell you, your family has won the genetic lottery. All of you are so amazingly beautiful--I think you get it from your mom, she is amazingly beautiful too. We would love to bring our trains to your house--just name the day! And princess olivia's hair is almost to her waist. We would love to see a pic of princess lauren's hair too. Sure do love ya gals!

Rivka said...

The selfless giving of a sock must be the sign of true sisterly love if there ever was one!

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Janet and I are still laughing, not at the "where the heck is the potty?" plight, but at your wonderful written description of it all. Good luck, and hope the sock washes clean!

Haley said...

HILARIOUS! You are quick on your feet. I'm with Rivka on the selfless giving sock.

Megan said...

This story made my day--no--my month! Nathan and I laughed out loud so hard for several minutes. We're only laughing because we've been there (well not with the sock yet...but I'm sure it'll happen one day).
We're glad to see you guys are enjoying Tennessee!

Grandma & Mom Stowell said...

You're telling of the story is hilarous and made me laugh so hard. I love this blogging it helps me feel like I am there to hear all the cute little stories everyday. By the way Help me I am trying to do some blogging on mine but can't seem to figure it out. I love you all

Amy said...

Kristen you crack me up! I can't believe you are brave enough to go out while potty training. For the past 5 days we have been potty training Blake and I am just waiting for him not to have an accident at home so we can leave the house together. But you handled it so well! I probably would have started crying!

Tricia said...

I am laughing my head off!!! And snorting, too! lol.

You tell a great story! Thanks for the comic relief, and I hope your day got a little better.

Rebecca said...

When I had to go out with the boys, I put pull-ups on them with their underwear. That way if there was an accident, it didn't ruin my day.Potty training is the worst !!!