Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We love our Auntie Kim!!

Savannah, as her usual charming self, made this memory. Lauren-laugh-a-lot is always ready for the camera. We spent the morning talking about everyone in our family; what they're doing, where they're going and when they're going to visit us!!
La & S co. wanted to send a post card to Auntie Kim who's not feeling well. So we did 3 of Kim's favorite things this morning. We took pictures, sang songs and painted our toenails.
As a kid I was lucky enough to live close to my cousins which made for some great adventures. One of my favorites happened during a black out in Houston in the middle of a scorching summer. Mom and Dad were out of town and Aunt Kim was in charge. Our strict bed time was ignored to take a trip to McDonald's (in our pjs) for ice cream cones. It's my first recollection of actually thinking a grown-up was "cool". Kim's spontaneity was always the highlight of absent parents...we have pictures of gift-wrapped walls to prove it.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

How darling! I know I'm not aunt Kim, but I enjoyed it, and Ava loved singing along with her cousins on the computer! :)

Hope your Auntie Kim gets feeling better soon.

Jen Merrill said...

what-EVER! we ALL know I am Aunt Kim's favorite and I love her the very mostess! :) nice try though.


i sure miss those girls.. i even miss getting an occasional scowl from s. tell La that Lilly was super jealous of her long brown hair.