Thursday, July 24, 2008

so it begins


Lauren is all signed up for Pre-K. As many of you know that in and of itself was a challenge. The very best programs here require ridiculously HUGE registration fees and mothers to line up the night before registration...
So everything is all set and I took Lauren to see the school on Tuesday. She put on a huge show of not wanting to go and even I teared up a little. School doesn't start until Sept. so I'm using this time to prep her. Like any other girl (in my family at least), back to school shopping is critical to school attendance. La isn't interested in anything but the shoes so I thought this would be easy. WRONG!!
My child wants only one type of shoe. She's been asking Nick for Skechers since she saw the commercial between Tom & Jerry reruns back in June. So I sat down with her today to figure out just what shoes she's obsessed with...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Lauren wants "twinkle" shoes. They light up, cost $42 a pair and she wants a pair in white and one in brown. She seems to think it obvious that two pair is a must. I can not believe we are already having this conversation. I looked straight into those big brown eyes searching for some diversion when she said "...and mom, they don't sell these at Wal-Mart".
holy crow.

8 comments:

Haley said...

You're in trouble! So what are you going to do?

Jennifer said...

Ha! See all that great fashion sense is coming back to haunt you. Now, me on the other had have passed my great lack of fashion sense to Olivia and I just struggle with getting her to wear clothes that match, let alone where they come from!
Good luck Girl!!

Tricia said...

oh.dear. lol. Well, I have to agree with her, it's hard to buy just one pair at a time.....and I often get suckered into "the brown ones" too. I mean, for myself.

I wish I had some good advice.

I have a very difficult time resisting cute little girl shoes. I would buy them both and eat Ramen noodles for two weeks. :)

The Falco Family said...

Well, she is def. her mothers daughter =) Too cute. I thought you could postpone those fashion "needs" until middle school at least...I guess not ;)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

You are scaring me! But, my boys care about shoes too and they love Sketchers because they "breath". Good luck!

Burke said...

What are you surprised about? This means she's been paying attention to all the things in life that are most important to you :P

Lisa Fox said...

oh my goodness, it just gets worse. My girls are all about the clothes. i got a few things for them for school already and jolie is begging and pleading that i take her by herself to go shopping and she just informed me she wants her finger nails and toe nails polished and jeweled....she's 7!!! AHHHH!