Saturday, September 8, 2007

It takes 2 baby...

Savannah had a blast at her Paint Party (after arriving fashionably late from a much needed nap)!! We painted everything; the fence, grass, cupcakes, and ourselves!!
I couldn't have done it without my co-hosts....Ava and Lauren got the party started and helped mix the kids shaving cream into frothy colorful mountains.

Eventually everyone joined in the fence painting...but the photographer was busy making paint palettes for guests.






Buckets to rinse brushes or wash hands....or hose children down.










I know you're all wondering were all the pictures of Savannah are...this is her party right? Let me just say this: It really does take two baby. Nick left Friday morning and arrived late to the Saturday afternoon party after a lovely 34 hours at the hospital. Gotta love the SICU. So between two rather sleep deprived, hard working, parents-of-a-truly-two-year old ...there don't seem to be many pics...but that is what memories are for I suppose. So I truly mean it when I say, "Wish y'all could have been here!" The only picture I got of the food, and it was so much cuter when I had it all out...just use your imagination. It was something like the feast in Peter Pan (played by Robin Williams) has in Hook after he learns how to fly. Remember that?? With the crazy food fight at the end??















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's about freakin' time we got some new pictures! thank you! and omg i wish we could have been there! lilly loves painting and i love eating... happy birthday savannah!- we love you oh so much!

Grandma & Mom Stowell said...

I wish so much that I could of been there. Happy Happy Birthday Savannah. We love you so much and wish we could of been there for your special day. I miss you and you are growing up so fast. It looked like it was a fun party, grandma would of loved to paint and eat up all your cupcakes. Have a wonderful day. We love you

Thompsontown said...

Happy Birthday Savannah! ! ! I agree that it was time for new pictures. Maybe I could come and help take more pictures next time.

Jules said...

What an adorable idea!! I love it! I will have to pack it away in my file for another time...

Tricia said...

Oh Kristin, what a cute party idea! I loved the food in the paint buckets, organized by COLOR! Oh my heck, you are so creative!

It looks like everyone enjoyed their time...I can't believe it's already birthday time again for Savannah...she's so grown up and she is beautiful!

I loved the eating toothpaste pic, too. It's a wonder any gets in these kid's mouths.....at my house I see it in hair, on PJ's, and smeared on the sink.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to Savannah.....and I hope you and Nick got some rest after all of that partying. :)

Amy said...

Can I just say that you are the coolest Mom around! I thought my kid was lucky for getting a decorated birthday cake on his 2nd birthday! That is an awesome party and it looks like so much fun!